It’s up and at “˜em bright and early””then go, go, go non-stop through the day””now that the school year’s underway. Our twins, who are entering their senior year in high school, head straight to gymnastics or the dance studio after a full day of classes, not returning home until 9:30 p.m. Then it’s time for dinner, homework and a little sleep before bolting out the door to do it all over again. We’re not big coffee drinkers, but when an extra kick is needed in the morning, I like to make one of these energizing yet nourishing smoothies.
Rise & Shine Raspberry-Coffee Smoothie
1. Add all ingredients to blender or bullet; blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- Omit coffee for a fruit-and-yogurt smoothie (this is how I make it most of the time)
- Add a scoop of raw cacao powder
- Add a scoop of protein powder
- Add a banana
Dana Zucker is a home cook that likes to do it her way! She gets creative with nutritious ingredients to keep her active family””teenage twins and a vegan, triathlete husband””healthy and happy. Cooking with organic, local and whole food ingredients is key, whether she’s whipping up an early-morning breakfast, prepping afterschool snacks or getting dinner on the table at 10 p.m. Dana says, “We do eat out sometimes, and even cheat with some pre-made foods. But I try to balance making delicious foods with the reality of a busy schedule.” Dana’s recipes are a great starting point to find a style of cooking that works for your family. Her advice? Keep it real””and keep it easy!
Latest posts by Dana Zucker (see all)
- A Very Vegan Passover - April 14, 2014
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – With Healthy Substitutions - September 24, 2013
- Raw Pumpkin-Cranberry Crumble - September 17, 2013