It’s up and at “˜em bright and early””then go, go, go non-stop through the day””now that the school year’s underway. Our twins, who are entering their senior year in high school, head straight to gymnastics or the dance studio after a full day of classes, not returning home until 9:30 p.m. Then it’s time for dinner, homework and a little sleep before bolting out the door to do it all over again. We’re not big coffee drinkers, but when an extra kick is needed in the morning, I like to make one of these energizing yet nourishing smoothies.
Rise & Shine Raspberry-Coffee Smoothie
1. Add all ingredients to blender or bullet; blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- Omit coffee for a fruit-and-yogurt smoothie (this is how I make it most of the time)
- Add a scoop of raw cacao powder
- Add a scoop of protein powder
- Add a banana
Latest posts by Dana Zucker (see all)
- A Very Vegan Passover - April 14, 2014
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – With Healthy Substitutions - September 24, 2013
- Raw Pumpkin-Cranberry Crumble - September 17, 2013