Cobbler, crumble or crisp—whatever you call it, this dessert is a summer hit! Traditionally baked with a base of fresh berries topped by bits of buttery crust, this version calls for a few swap outs — including crushed cereal and chopped seeds in place of ordinary flour — to make it gluten free. Not only can anyone enjoy it, it can be enjoyed any time. No need to wait until after dinner!
Single-Serve Summer Berry Crisps (Gluten Free)
Recipe courtesy of Enjoy Life Foods
18 oz. mixed berries (such as: 1-1/2 cups blueberries + 1-1/2 cups chopped strawberries)
1 Tbsp. tapioca starch
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; arrange 4, 1-cup ramekins on top.
- In a large bowl, combine all topping ingredients and mix together with a pastry blender, fork or your hands. Mix until shortening is evenly combined and mixture feels sandy.
- In another bowl, combine all filling ingredients and toss until berries are evenly coated with sugar.
- Pour berry mixture evenly into ramekins and top with ¼ cup of topping. (Tip: If you have extra topping, seal in a plastic bag and freezer. It will stay good for a few months!)
- Bake berry crisps for 30 to 35 minutes until berry juices are bubbling and crisp is lightly browned on top. Cool 10 minutes and serve warm.
You don’t have to sacrifice taste to have a worry-free snack. Enjoy Life Foods offers full-flavored cookies, cereals, seed and fruit mixes, baking chocolate and more, all made with love in our allergen-free bakery. Safety never tasted so good.