With fewer carbs, none of the gluten and about a quarter of the calories of ordinary pasta, noodles made from spaghetti squash are a smart substitute when comfort food cravings kick in. Think they sound like too much work? Eight minutes is all you need to pile your plate high with fork-twirling veggie strands that pair perfectly with your favorite marinara sauce and protein-packed turkey meatballs.
Spaghetti Squash Pasta & Turkey Meatballs
Spaghetti squash pasta
- Cut squash lengthwise and scrape out seeds.
- Place squash on a microwave-safe plate filled with water to cover the bottom.
- Microwave squash for about 8 minutes, until tender; let squash cool.
- Use fork to scrape insides into long strands.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients except marinara sauce.
- Shape mixture into meatballs. Heat coconut oil in skillet over high heat.
- Add meatballs to skillet; reduce heat to medium and cook meatballs until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- In separate pot, heat marinara sauce. Add cooked meatballs to marinara sauce and continue simmering for about 10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs over spaghetti squash pasta.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014