A handful of nuts can really hit the spot, both in terms of satisfying hunger and packing in quality nutrition at snack time. If you choose walnuts, a palm-ful (about half a cup) brings in 9 grams of protein, plus omega-3 essential fatty acids, fiber and a decent dose of copper and manganese. Give your taste buds a new take these healthy faves with a dash of spice and some sea salt, baking for 15 minutes to add crispy crunch.
Spicy Power Walnuts
Nutritional information (1 serving):
Protein: 9 grams
Carbs: 10 grams
Fat: 20 grams
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together egg whites, spices and salt. Stir in walnuts.
3. Spread coated walnut on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp.
4. Let cool completely before eating.
MuscleTech is a leading sports nutrition brand providing high-quality supplements to people looking to build their best possible body. Browse Vitacost’s complete selection of MuscleTech products here.
Latest posts by MuscleTech (see all)
- High-Protein Chocolate-Covered Pretzels - September 19, 2014
- 4-Week Workout Plan for Football-Ready Shoulders - August 22, 2014
- Gain Speed & Power With This Mixed Martial Arts Workout - August 8, 2014