If it’s true that “it’s what’s inside that counts,” these stuffed chicken breasts are done just right! Hearty, quartered artichoke hearts and tender baby spinach are blended with low-fat cottage cheese for a flavorful and good-for-you filling. Bake until golden brown and enjoy a protein- and nutrient-rich dish that beats ordinary, boring chicken dinners any night of the week.
Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Recipe by Amy Clevenger, fitfunandfantastic.com
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 (packed) cup baby spinach
1/2 (14 oz.) can of quartered artichokes, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp. minced garlic (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. In medium-sized bowl, combine cottage cheese, spinach, artichokes, garlic and nutritional
3. Butterfly chicken breasts and stuff with mixture. Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
4. Bake stuffed chicken breasts for about 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Clean-Eating Chocolate Chip Cupcakes - September 1, 2014
- Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Creamy Greek Yogurt Sauce - August 25, 2014
- Cherry-Pistachio & Chicken Quinoa Salad - August 18, 2014