There’s something heavenly about homemade hummus. Creamy, tangy and as mild or punchy as you prefer, it can be made in minutes with just a few simple ingredients and a food processor. For the smoothest possible dip, here’s a trick: carefully peel the thin, clear “skin” from your garbanzo beans before blending. It may take a little time, but the perfect texture makes it worth it!
1. *Optional: for a creamier hummus, first peel skins from garbanzo beans.
2. In a food processor, blend garbanzo beans for a short time until clumps start to form,; scrape sides as needed.
3. Add in garlic, tahini and lemon juice; blend. Add in chopped cucumber, spinach and salt; blend until smooth.
(Note: Adjust garlic and salt to your taste preference!)
Amy Clevenger is a Los Angeles-based food blogger. In 2013, she started her popular Instagram account @FantasticallyFit to help keep her accountable in her journey to better health. Clevenger’s brand has since expanded to include fitfunfantastic.com and the popular e-recipe book series, Healthy Eats. Clevenger’s passion for healthy eating and cooking began while she was pursuing her master’s degree in counseling and guidance from Cal Lutherine University. Her work with families helped her to realize that living a healthy, happy life starts in the kitchen. She believes clean eating doesn’t have to mean giving up on great taste. Today, Clevenger is married to her college sweetheart and lives in Los Angeles with her three cats, Kailani, Confettu and Harley. Visit her blog fitfunfantastic.com and follow her on Instagram @fantasticallyfit.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Creamy Greek Yogurt Sauce - August 25, 2014
- Cherry-Pistachio & Chicken Quinoa Salad - August 18, 2014
- Oven-Baked Homemade Hard Taco Shells - August 11, 2014