There’s something heavenly about homemade hummus. Creamy, tangy and as mild or punchy as you prefer, it can be made in minutes with just a few simple ingredients and a food processor. For the smoothest possible dip, here’s a trick: carefully peel the thin, clear “skin” from your garbanzo beans before blending. It may take a little time, but the perfect texture makes it worth it!
- *Optional: for a creamier hummus, first peel skins from garbanzo beans.
- In a food processor, blend garbanzo beans for a short time until clumps start to form,; scrape sides as needed.
- Add in garlic, tahini and lemon juice; blend. Add in chopped cucumber, spinach and salt; blend until smooth.
- (Note: Adjust garlic and salt to your taste preference!)
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014