Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Creamy Greek Yogurt Sauce
Take the ouch out of ordinary Alfredo sauce with this clean-eating version that replaces heavy cream and butter with non-fat Greek yogurt and almond milk. Just as rich but lighter than the creamy classic, pour it over pasta shells tossed with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes for a nutritious dinner that also works well chilled for a quick leftover lunch. New to quinoa pasta? Its tender texture and slight nutty taste is a refreshing change from plain or whole wheat pasta—plus, it’s gluten free!
Makes 4 servings
2 cups quinoa pasta shells (uncooked)
2 chicken breasts, chopped
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
2 cups spinach, packed
1 tsp. minced garlic
½ cup sliced black olives
Herbal seasoning, to taste
½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In large skillet, cook chicken in olive oil with garlic and herbal seasoning.
- While chicken cooks, prepare quinoa pasta according to package directions.
- When chicken is cooked, add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Drain any excess liquid.
- In large bowl, combine pasta and chicken/spinach mixture; stir in sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
- In separate bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, olive oil, almond milk, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta/chicken and stir well to coat.
Amy Clevenger is a Los Angeles-based food blogger. In 2013, she started her popular Instagram account @FantasticallyFit to help keep her accountable in her journey to better health. Clevenger’s brand has since expanded to include Fantastically-Fit.com and the popular e-recipe book series, Healthy Eats. Clevenger’s passion for healthy eating and cooking began while she was pursuing her master’s degree in counseling and guidance from Cal Lutherine University. Her work with families helped her to realize that living a healthy, happy life starts in the kitchen. She believes clean eating doesn’t have to mean giving up on great taste. Today, Clevenger is married to her college sweetheart and lives in Los Angeles with her three cats, Kailani, Confettu and Harley.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)