Take the ouch out of ordinary Alfredo sauce with this clean-eating version that replaces heavy cream and butter with non-fat Greek yogurt and almond milk. Just as rich but lighter than the creamy classic, pour it over pasta shells tossed with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes for a nutritious dinner that also works well chilled for a quick leftover lunch. New to quinoa pasta? Its tender texture and slight nutty taste is a refreshing change from plain or whole wheat pasta—plus, it’s gluten free!
Makes 4 servings
- In large skillet, cook chicken in olive oil with garlic and herbal seasoning.
- While chicken cooks, prepare quinoa pasta according to package directions.
- When chicken is cooked, add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Drain any excess liquid.
- In large bowl, combine pasta and chicken/spinach mixture; stir in sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
- In separate bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, olive oil, almond milk, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta/chicken and stir well to coat.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Veggie Pizza With Spicy Moroccan Red Pepper Sauce - December 22, 2014
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014