Parents with picky kids know: feeding them vegetables can be about as easy as…bedtime after a birthday party. Here’s an easy way to sneak in a serving of leafy greens. These “spinana” pancakes combine a cup of spinach with soft bananas, sweet cinnamon and healthy, whole-grain oats for a nutritious breakfast that just happens to be a super-fun shade of green. Let your little ones help with the prep work—it’s a great way to teach them how versatile and delicious veggies can be!
Spinana Pancakes with Homemade Strawberry Syrup
Recipe courtesy of Veggiecation
Homemade Strawberry Syrup
1 cup fresh diced strawberries
1 Tbsp. honey
1. In a blender, combine spinach, banana and water; blend until liquid.
2. In a small bowl, beat eggs.
3. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flaxseed and cinnamon. Add in liquid contents of blender, beaten eggs and vanilla extract. Combine completely.
4. On a greased hot griddle or frying pan, place 1/4 cups full of pancake mixture. Cook until browned on each side. Top with real maple syrup or fresh strawberry syrup.
5. To make strawberry topping, combine strawberries and honey in saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat until berries break down and form a chunky sauce.
Veggiecation is an evidence-based culinary nutrition education program that introduces young children to the delicious and nutritious world of vegetables. The mission of Veggiecation is to promote and educate communities on the health benefits of vegetables and how to prepare them in simple, unique, affordable, and most importantly, delicious ways. We offer a variety of tools to incorporate vegetable education into your every day life. From healthy kids cooking classes and family workshops to educational posters and family recipe books. Veggiecation classes are taught by certified Veggiecators across the country. Veggiecation is empowering people everywhere to cook fresh foods and eat a healthier diet! Contact us at email@example.com to find how you can “veggiecate” your community!
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015