Spring is almost here, and what a great time to start adding in more cooling, refreshing foods, especially if you’ve been cooped up all winter. While getting back outdoors sounds appealing, spring is the season when pollen and other irritants fill the air, triggering allergies for many people. To ward of sniffles and sneezes, try drinking a glass of green juice daily, or even a few times a week. Packed with nutrients, it’s an easy (and delicious!) was to flood your immune system with supportive nutrients so you’re armed when allergens start to fly.
Spring Ginger Green Juice
The combination of ginger and lime give this juice a fresh, tangy taste. Lime peels tend to be very hard, so be kind to your juicer and peel them before juicing. Remove skin of ginger carefully with a spoon.
3 large organic kale leaves with stalks
1 whole lime, cut in half and peeled
1-2 inches of ginger, peeled if not organic
1 medium organic Fuji apple (or use your favorite apple)
1. Wash all produce before beginning.
2. Slowly add produce to juicer one piece at a time.
3. Stir, and enjoy!
Tip: Be sure to swish the juice in your mouth to activate digestive juices. This will help prepare your body to absorb the nutrients in the juice.
Here are some additional ways to naturally support your immune health this spring:
1. Get more leafy greens. These powerful veggies are full of nutrients, hydrating and great for clearing out mucus. Drinking green juice is one of the easiest ways to increase your intake of these healthy veggies (see recipe below!).
3. Hydrate your body. Be sure to drink plenty of water every day. For extra support, try Vega Sport Electrolyte Packets–they’re perfect for on the go and no added sugar or artificial stuff.
Pam Higgins, Certified Health Coach, AADP received her credentials from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition in 2010. Pam is the Founder of Total Health Counseling, LLC and www.totalhealthcounseling.com. She is a sensitive foodie and focuses on teaching clients about eating delicious food with pleasure. Pam will show you how to access your blueprint for healthy eating and lifestyle so you can be your best. Pam healed herself from years of chronic digestive and skin inflammation by accessing her own blueprint for healthy living and helps her clients find foods that nourish + balance their bodies. Pam lives in South Florida with her husband, Heman and dog, Cali. Visit Pam on her website,Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Contact Pam directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- Get Seed Savvy: A Quick Guide to the Most Popular Kinds - February 25, 2015
- Two-Bean Sweet Potato & Chicken Crockpot Chili - February 19, 2015
- 6 Ways a Health Coach Can Help You Live a Better Life - February 12, 2015