Here’s a creamy dip with a twist—instead of Ranch dressing or the usual cream cheese base, this versatile vegan creation is made with pea protein powder, raw ground cashews and a splash of lemon juice. Usually scooped into smoothies, pure pea powder is mild tasting and easy to digest, plus it packs in 7 grams of protein per tablespoon. So dunk your veggies, dip your chips or spread some on a sandwich—this is one condiment you can enjoy without a care!
Sun-Dried Tomato & Onion Pea Protein Dip
1/3 cup unsweetened pea protein powder
¼ cup water (or more, if needed)
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup ground cashews
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
Juice of ½ lemon
3 green onion stalks, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic, diced
- In a large mix bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well until a spreadable consistency is reached.
Serve as a dip, spread or mix into pasta dishes or salads.
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014