What do you get when you take a steamy, baked sweet potato, fluff it lightly with a fork and add a dollop of rich, nutty sunflower butter? An empty plate, of course! Serve this hearty, healthy mash in the skin, or scoop it out and pile high on a gluten-free roll for a sensational sandwich.
Serves 1 to 2
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and pierce potato; wrap in foil.
2. Bake potato for 20-25 minutes, until inside is soft.
3. Cut open potato and mash inside with a fork.
Shortcut recipe: Scoop canned puree into an oven-safe ramekin, season with cinnamon and bake for 10-15 minutes.
4. Top with a dollop of sunflower butter.
“Mo’s Healthy Morsels” is written by Maura (“Mo”) Knowles, a certified health coach, recipe developer and owner of Mac-n-Mo’s, a vegan baked goods company created by Knowles to help her dad eat better (and still enjoy food!) after he underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2010. Knowles’ recipes for snacks, treats and other fun and healthy dishes appear every week here on the Vitacost blog, or visit Mo on Facebook or www.macnmos.com for more “morselicious” ideas and tips.
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014