What dinner isn’t better with butternut squash on the side? Easy-peasy, these crispy, colorful cubes take less than 10 minutes to make and come out sweet and spicy, with a sprinkling of cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne. Just one cupful and you’ve consumed half the recommended daily value for vitamin C and four (yes, four!) times the amount of vitamin A. Butternut squash also packs in plenty of potassium, manganese and other minerals and vitamins, while being low in calories, fat and cholesterol.
Sweet & Spicy Butternut Squash Cubes
Makes 3 cups
- In a large skillet or frying pan, combine and mix together all ingredients, coating cubes well.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes over medium heat until cube edges are toasted. (Note: Cook longer for a crisper finish.)
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014