If you’re heading to a picnic or cookout this holiday weekend, swap the traditional slaw for this paleo-friendly, Thai-inspired twist! Packed with protein and flavor, this is a version that can be served either as a side or as a main dish.
14 oz. coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage, carrots)
12 oz. chicken breast, cooked plain
6 Tbsp. of fresh mint leaves
1/2 large onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce
4 Tbsp. lime juice
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 to 4 packets natural sweetener, to taste
Black pepper to taste
1. Remove excess fat from chicken and bake at 350 degrees, plain, until cooked through. Let cool and shred into small pieces. Chop mint leaves coarsely.
2. In a bowl, combine the garlic, sweetener, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, onion and black pepper; set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix cole slaw, mint leaves and chicken and toss. Stir sauce, then slowly pour it in while continuously tossing the salad until everything is well combined.
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Flourless Sweet Potato Pancakes - March 25, 2015
- Paleo Strawberry Pie - March 11, 2015
- Sweet Potato Brownies With Chocolate Chips & Walnuts - February 26, 2015