Cakes, cookies and cobblers are all fine desserts, but for something a little lighter that’s just as sweet (and more nutritious), throw together a simple fruit salad. This refreshing mix is made with mango, papaya, and the surprise addition of avocado for a creamy, crave-worthy texture. Add a little juice from a fresh squeezed orange or your favorite citrus fruit if you’d like, but don’t skip the shredded coconut – it adds an element you won’t want to miss!
Tropical Fruit Salad with Shredded Coconut
1 mango, diced
2 cups cubed papaya (about half of a medium papaya)
1 avocado, diced
Optional: 2 Tbsp. juice from a fresh squeezed orange
2 to 4 Tbsp. finely shredded coconut
1. Cut mango flesh from pit for two halves. Cut cross-wise along each half and bend to push out mango squares. Toss into serving bowl.
2. Remove skin and pit from avocado; dice and toss into bowl with mango.
3. Cut papaya in half; remove seeds and skin, carefully. Dice, then toss into bowl.
4. Squeeze about 2 tablespoons of juice from a fresh orange into the bowl.
5. Top with shredded coconut.
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- Lunchbox Makeover: 10 Ideas for Healthier Mid-Day Meals - August 28, 2014
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie - August 21, 2014
- Gluten-Free Chocolate-Cherry Granola Bites - August 14, 2014