The king of cruciferous veggies, cauliflower lands dip-side in raw, crunchy chunks more often than not. But there’s another way this white, flowery favorite can be enjoyed. After a light steam, blend it with dairy-free cashew cheese and simple seasonings for a mash that rivals the popular potato version. Serve it as a side dish to instantly make any meal more royal!
Vegan “Cheezy” Mashed Cauliflower
2 heads of cauliflower
Water for steaming
¼ cup (or more) unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp. oil of choice
Juice of ½ lemon (or more for extra zing)
1 clove garlic
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Favorite herbs (dill, parsley, basil or oregano)
1. Chop and steam cauliflower (I use the entire head: flowers and stems); drain most of the water.
2. Add cauliflower, almond milk, oil, lemon juice, cashew cheeze, herbs and black pepper to high speed blender; blend to desired consistency. (Note: Use shorter duration for a thicker dish and longer with more liquid for a creamier one.)
3. Serve warm.
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014