A summer without sandals, bottoms without a matching top and a dessert without whipped cream…it just isn’t right. If you’re left with no shoes and no shirt, no problem! You can at least be sure your strawberries never go topless with this dairy-free coconut cream. It’s perfect for fresh fruit, on key lime pie or spread between pancakes to make a sweet breakfast sandwich. Oh, how right it is.
Vegan Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
Recipe courtesy of Jessica Altman, www.toothfood.com
1. Chill coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Open can. Pour off water at top (Tip: Save water for cooking or smoothies!)
2. Scoop remaining contents (will resemble cream) into mixing bowl. Use electric mixer to whip at high speed, adding in cinnamon and agave while mixing.
3. Refrigerate until ready to use. (Note: Whipped cream will be thick, but not as thick as conventional whipped cream.)
Jessica Meyers Altman is the writer and creator of Tooth Food, a blog she designed to help patients of her husband’s dental practice, Altman Dental, to learn more about the connection between diet and heart health, blood sugar health and periodontal health. ToothFood.com features recipes that are low in fat, gluten free, high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and either low in sugar or free of of refined sugar. Meyers has a background in environmental studies and a master’s degree in science education. She’s passionate about gardening and sharing her knowledge about healthy ways to use in-season foods.
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015