Did you grow up in a home where pudding was ranked as the ultimate comfort food? Creamy and sweet, it was always perfect when you craved something soothing. Today, all that sugar and dairy may leave your body more aggravated than calm—but that doesn’t mean you have ditch one of your favorite desserts entirely. This version is made with rice milk, maple syrup and just a pinch of organic brown sugar to satisfy your sweet tooth without upsetting your insides. No powdered pudding packets here—this healthy and wholesome treat starts with whole-grain brown rice and chopped nuts.
Vegan Praline Pudding
Makes 6 servings
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except for brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spoon pudding into six heat-proof bowls.
- In small separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Sprinkle mixture over pudding.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, or let sit for several minutes and serve warm.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 5 Expert Tips for Warding Off Holiday Weight Gain - November 24, 2014
- 4 Ideas for a Healthier Thanksgiving Gravy - November 17, 2014
- What to Eat, What to Skip If You’re Dieting This Thanksgiving - November 10, 2014