So many reasons to try an occasional meat-free meal: Save money, help the planet, add variety to your life. Sound good? This pasta dish is made with delicious and wholesome vegan ingredients for a meal you can feel really good about eating. If non-GMO soy products aren’t available, this dish is just as delicious made with extra veggies and sauce in place of vegan “cheese.”
Vegan Spinach Lasagna
½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen spinach
1 tsp. Italian herbs
¼ onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 (16 oz) jar of organic pasta sauce
¾ cup water
4 oz. organic lasagna noodles
1 cup tofu cream cheese
4 oz. rice- or soy-based “mozarella” cheese, shredded
¼ cup fresh parsley
4 oz. silken soft tofu
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In large pot, combine olive oil, spinach and seasonings; add pasta sauce and water. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together various vegan cheeses, parsley and tofu.
- In a lasagna pan, layer sauce, followed by noodles, followed by sauce, followed by tofu cheese mix, then more sauce, and more noodles until layered. Repeat until done with sauce on top.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake 50 minutes. (Check to make sure it is not too brown on top).
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes, checking after about seven minutes. Let it sit 15 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 3 Simple (and Delicious!) Ways to Serve Shirataki Noodles - September 15, 2014
- 4 Tips for Maintaining Your Weight Loss Success - September 8, 2014
- Should Dieters Take a Probiotic Supplement? - September 1, 2014