Pizza lovers, it’s time to celebrate! With National Pizza Day less than a week away (February 9, for those counting down), now’s the time to load up on veggies and creative crust ingredients for a vegan and gluten-free pie everyone can enjoy. Golden cornmeal, nutty teff and crunchy hemp seeds make a crisp, tasty base for piled-high toppings that pack in plenty of nutrition along with amazing flavor. Go sauceless for a gourmet twist””the traditional tomato layer is replaced with light and creamy cashew cheese (it’s simple to make from just nuts and water!).
Vegan Veggie Pizza with Gluten-Free Crust
1. In medium-sized bowl; combine all crust ingredients; mix well and shape into ball.
2. Refrigerate ball of crust for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Press crust onto lightly-oiled pizza pan or baking pan.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Spread cashew cheese over crust. Arrange toppings as desired; sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Click to watch a live pizza making-demo by Mo the Morselist!