Pizza lovers, it’s time to celebrate! With National Pizza Day less than a week away (February 9, for those counting down), now’s the time to load up on veggies and creative crust ingredients for a vegan and gluten-free pie everyone can enjoy. Golden cornmeal, nutty teff and crunchy hemp seeds make a crisp, tasty base for piled-high toppings that pack in plenty of nutrition along with amazing flavor. Go sauceless for a gourmet twist””the traditional tomato layer is replaced with light and creamy cashew cheese (it’s simple to make from just nuts and water!).
Vegan Veggie Pizza with Gluten-Free Crust
1. In medium-sized bowl; combine all crust ingredients; mix well and shape into ball.
2. Refrigerate ball of crust for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Press crust onto lightly-oiled pizza pan or baking pan.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Spread cashew cheese over crust. Arrange toppings as desired; sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
“Mo’s Healthy Morsels” is written by Maura (“Mo”) Knowles, a certified health coach, recipe developer and owner of Mac-n-Mo’s, a vegan baked goods company created by Knowles to help her dad eat better (and still enjoy food!) after he underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2010. Knowles’ recipes for snacks, treats and other fun and healthy dishes appear every week here on the Vitacost blog, or visit Mo on Facebook or www.macnmos.com for more “morselicious” ideas and tips.
Click to watch a live pizza making-demo by Mo the Morselist!
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014