Whether your diet is paleo, gluten-free or vegan, zucchini pasta is the perfect way to still have fun spinning noodles without the flour, carbs or eggs that come with traditional spaghetti. A spiralizer is a fancy tool that turns out long, thin ribbons from your favorite veggies, which can be served raw or sauteed with coconut oil for tender texture. Don’t have a one? A plain-old vegetable peeler will do. In this recipe, zucchini pasta is topped with a rich, creamy sauce made from avocado, spinach, cucumbers and basil for a gorgeous, entirely green meal.
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
1. Use spiralizer or vegetable peeler to cut zucchini into long, ribbon-like strands.
2. In a large pan, sautÃ© zucchini noodles with small amount of coconut oil until softened, about 7 minutes.
3. To make avocado sauce, place avocado, spinach, cucumbers, basil, lemon juice and seasoning in blender or food processer and blend until smooth.
4. Top noodles with avocado sauce.
5. Optional: If you want to add chicken, place chopped chicken breast in large skillet with coconut oil. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Amy Clevenger is a Los Angeles-based food blogger. In 2013, she started her popular Instagram account @FantasticallyFit to help keep her accountable in her journey to better health. Clevenger’s brand has since expanded to include fitfunfantastic.com and the popular e-recipe book series, Healthy Eats. Clevenger’s passion for healthy eating and cooking began while she was pursuing her master’s degree in counseling and guidance from Cal Lutherine University. Her work with families helped her to realize that living a healthy, happy life starts in the kitchen. She believes clean eating doesn’t have to mean giving up on great taste. Today, Clevenger is married to her college sweetheart and lives in Los Angeles with her three cats, Kailani, Confettu and Harley. Visit her blog fitfunfantastic.com and follow her on Instagram @fantasticallyfit.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Creamy Greek Yogurt Sauce - August 25, 2014
- Cherry-Pistachio & Chicken Quinoa Salad - August 18, 2014
- Oven-Baked Homemade Hard Taco Shells - August 11, 2014