Guys, get your aprons–your next workout’s in the kitchen. You throw back protein like nobody’s business. Shakes, smoothies, anything to up those grams, right? But you don’t have to burn out your blender or go broke buying boxes of pre-wrapped snacks. It’s easy to make your own bars, and this way you know you’re getting “clean fuel” from real, whole food ingredients. Each one of these chewy, chocolaty babies brings home 22 grams of quality protein, thanks to wholesome ingredients and top-of-the-line whey powder.
Choco-Nut Protein Bars
Nutritional profile (per serving):
Protein: 22 grams
Carbs: 28 grams
Fat: 11 grams
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Add applesauce and oil.
4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture; stir to combine.
5. Divide mixture into 6 balls. Roll out balls to form bars; place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
MuscleTech is a leading sports nutrition brand providing high-quality supplements to people looking to build their best possible body. Browse Vitacost’s complete selection of MuscleTech products here.
Latest posts by MuscleTech (see all)
- 4-Week Workout Plan for Football-Ready Shoulders - August 22, 2014
- Gain Speed & Power With This Mixed Martial Arts Workout - August 8, 2014
- 4 Hotel-Friendly Exercises for Summer Travelers - July 25, 2014