Looking for a natural way to wind down in the evening? Consider these four herbs, noted for their soothing and calming properties:
- Passion Flower: The compounds found in passion flower may have a mild calming and relaxing effect that can soothe occasional stress. Dried leaves of passion flower have been used for hundreds of years by Native Americans to make a soothing tea.
- Valerian Root: Used in many cultures, valerian root has calming properties that may promote relaxation and restful sleep.
- Chamomile: A member of the daisy family, chamomile is said to have soothing, relaxing properties – which is why it is a popular addition to many bedtime teas.
- Skullcap (or Scullcap): American skullcap (Scutellaria lateriflora) has been used by Native Americans for calming and sleep purposes.
Be sure to consult with your personal physician or pharmacist before taking any herbal supplement or product, especially if you have any medical condition or are taking any drugs.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014