Ughhh… you know the feeling. It was so delicious at the time, and now you’re paying for it. Or perhaps you have a “nervous stomach,” and any time you experience any sort of emotional anxiety, your tummy throws a full-out tantrum.
But stomach woes don’t have to rule your world. Here are 4 natural ways to keep indigestion at bay:
1. Limit lactose: Even for those who aren’t lactose intolerant, high-fat dairy foods can cause an array of tummy troubles, including gas, bloating and indigestion. Stick to small servings of low-fat dairy, or stay away altogether. (If you are lactose intolerant, consider taking a specialized enzyme supplement to support digestion.)
2. Get some good bacteria: Taking a probiotic supplement or eating fermented foods with active cultures can help cut down on stomach issues by supporting healthy digestive function.
3. Satisfy your sweet tooth with fruit: Instead of sugary treats or products with large amounts of sugar alcohols, stick to sweet fruits, such as berries, apples and bananas. Not only do these foods provide vitamins, they’re also packed with fiber to support healthy digestion.
4. Be prepared: You tried your hardest, but your willpower was no match for Grandma’s cookies. That’s why it’s important to be prepared by stocking your medicine cabinet with stomach soothing products, such as antacids, enzymes, laxatives and more.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014
- Chemical-Free Spring Cleaning - March 6, 2014