How much do you know about the “good” bacteria that inhabit your digestive system?
In this week’s Wellness Times podcast, naturopathic physician and dietary supplement expert Donald Brown discusses what probiotics are, what they do and how you can consume more:
- Your body plays host to nearly 100 trillion bacteria – many of which reside in your intestinal tract
- Probiotics are the beneficial types of bacteria that have a positive impact on health
- Probiotics may promote healthy digestion, proper absorption of nutrients and normal immune function
- Fermented foods such as yogurt can provide probiotics – but the bacteria may be damaged by light and oxygen
- Consuming fiber is a great way to fuel your body’s probiotic colonies
Listen to the full probiotics podcast at WellnessTimes.com.
Probiotics are pretty helpful – so if you don’t want to run out, simply add your favorite supplement to Set & Save!
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014