If you train heavy and aren’t supplementing with branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), you’re missing out on many muscle-building benefits. In this video, fitness expert Nicole Wilkins offers four strong arguments that will make you a believer in these essential amino acids.
Tagged: amino acids
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And it is. But your post-workout meal is a close second. After a grueling workout, your body needs fuel fast to avoid succumbing to a catabolic state. When you’re exercising or when you haven’t eaten for an extended period of time, your body goes into a catabolic state. This means it begins to break down muscle – not exactly ideal when you’re trying to build that hard-earned definition. Instead, you want to keep your body in an anabolic state, or in “repair mode.”
“Abs are made in the kitchen.” This is one of my favorite quotes, because it emphasizes how important proper nutrition and supplementation are to achieving that firm and toned body. But not only is it important to eat right but to eat at the right times. To simplify things, I’ve broken down the when and why of nutrition for optimum fat burning. Read more →
It’s tempting to keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing yourself, but if you over-train, you won’t be doing your body any favors. Fitness model, author and mother Jennifer Nicole Lee talks about how to avoid over-training–and how the right recovery supplements can protect your body after a workout.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- What You Need To Know About Learning To Use A Computer At Age 65 | Adrianb.us on 5 Skincare Tips for Women Over 40
- s on How to Make Your Own Protein Bars (It’s Easier Than You Think!)
- Pumpkin Raspberry Muffins (Gluten & Dairy Free!) | Dianna Donnely on Pumpkin Raspberry Muffins (Gluten & Dairy Free!)
- Danica on Stuck on a Treadmill? Have Fun With It
- Katie @ Vitacost on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
Love shopping? Hop to it.