Sports nutrition supplements can be intimidating. With their tough, often masculine-sounding names, many women wonder if they’re OK to take and if they offer any real benefits beyond hardcore, muscle-building goals. One example might be amino acid supplements. Sound complicated, don’t they? But amino acids serve many important functions in the body, and taking a supplement can be helpful for anyone, regardless of fitness goals.
If you train heavy and aren’t supplementing with branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), you’re missing out on many muscle-building benefits. In this video, fitness expert Nicole Wilkins offers four strong arguments that will make you a believer in these essential amino acids.
One of the things I love best about summer is the availability of fresh fruit. It’s a great addition to my protein shakes, making them light and refreshing. For summer shakes, I usually stick with a vanilla-based protein powder (I like Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Probiotic Series) because the taste blends well with fruit. I also add a scoop Vitacost BCAAs, which has added L-glutamine and vitamin C.
Here are some of my favorite shake recipes. Enjoy!
Makes 1 serving Read more →
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on Keep Your Family Well This Cold Season
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on The ABCs of Better Zzzzzzs
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on How to Choose a Probiotic Supplement
- Accountant on Buying Foods in Bulk: Stock Up & Save Money
- 5 Ways to Undo Holiday Damage on 15 Fun Ways to Burn Off Extra Holiday Calories
Love shopping? Hop to it.