A creamy casserole made without heavy cream—now that’s something to be thankful for! Seasonal squash and baby spinach star in this healthy, hearty side dish that’s perfect for holiday dinners or any night of the week. Short on time? Pick up a package of pre-cubed butternut squash to skip a step. And if there’s no nutritional yeast on hand, a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese can be subbed in.
Tagged: butternut squash
Don’t let bright orange mac and cheese land on your kids’ plates—that is, unless the color comes from roasted butternut squash instead of a packet of chemical powder! This creamy, comforting homemade version is made with fresh (or canned organic) squash, half and half and soft goat’s cheese—or you can substitute these ingredients for vegan-friendly ones. Make it a complete meal by adding your family’s favorite chopped veggies.
With winter on its way out, now is your last chance to savor this season’s star produce in its freshest form. Butternut squash—technically a fruit, but often thought of a vegetable—is at its peak from fall to late winter. Cube and simmer it in broth with spices and onion, then blend smooth in your food processor for a flavorful and nutritious soup.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Katie @ Vitacost on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
- Perfect Holiday Gift: DIY Whipped Body Butter | Dianna Donnely on Perfect Holiday Gift: DIY Whipped Body Butter
- Marta on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
- Kooky on Top 4 Beauty Oils & Best Ways to Use Them
- marleen davis on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
Love shopping? Hop to it.