Hollow out a pepper and you’ve got the perfect package to plump with tasty fillings. Rather than the traditional rice-and-meat combo, scoop in a vegetarian medley of diced zucchini, black beans, pumpkin seeds and spicy dairy-free cheese. Top with cool, creamy avocado slices and fresh pico de gallo to give these stuffed sensations a Mexican twist.
Tagged: cashew cheese
Craving something crunchy? Put down that bag of chips and make yourself one of these crispy, nutritious “cakes” instead. Homemade cashew cheese is spread over a brown rice cake, then topped with rich sundried tomatoes, tasty capers and a sprinkling of hemp seeds. A quick toast in the oven and you’ve got a satisfying snack that’s actually good for you!
When it comes to successful (and creative) cooking, the secret’s in the sauce. With a good sauce, you can build many different meals and snacks — from pasta and pizza to stuffed veggies and delicious dips!
Over the years, I’ve perfected several sauce recipes that have garnered the hungry-kid-and-husband seal of approval. (No small feat!) I like to make them on Sundays so I can easily assemble various meals throughout the week — because less time spent cooking means more time spent with the family!
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.