Can’t resist cream, but dairy doesn’t do your body good? Try making a smooth, velvety, vegan substitute with two wholesome ingredients: raw cashews and water! Watch this video from Maura Knowles, founder of Mac ‘n Mo’s Morselicious Treats, for a helpful how-to plus some fun ways to enjoy this versatile recipe staple.
Tagged: cashew cream
Dunk to your heart’s desire—this creamy, dairy-free dip is loaded with fall flavor and nutrition from organic canned pumpkin. The trick to making it healthy is to swap out traditional cream cheese for a version vegan version blended from raw cashews. Serve with apple slices or gluten-free cinnamon crackers for a filling, festive treat!
Meat and cheese don’t have to be the main ingredients in a casserole. This baked beauty is made with a base of gluten-free corn polenta, topped by a hearty mix of mushrooms, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and kale. To make it vegan, skip that typical final layer of shredded cheese and drizzle on cashew cream instead!
Drizzled on fruit, swirled into coffee, spread on a warm muffin—cashew cream is a dairy-free delight you can dollop atop just about anything, without guilt! Made from just two ingredients—raw cashews and water—simply adjust the liquid for a thinner (“milk-like”) or thicker (“frosting-like”) cream. Drop in some vanilla, coconut, almond or even mint extract for a flavor twist on the natural, nutty taste!
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Accountant on Buying Foods in Bulk: Stock Up & Save Money
- 5 Ways to Undo Holiday Damage on 15 Fun Ways to Burn Off Extra Holiday Calories
- What You Need To Know About Learning To Use A Computer At Age 65 | Adrianb.us on 5 Skincare Tips for Women Over 40
- s on How to Make Your Own Protein Bars (It’s Easier Than You Think!)
- Pumpkin Raspberry Muffins (Gluten & Dairy Free!) | Dianna Donnely on Pumpkin Raspberry Muffins (Gluten & Dairy Free!)
Love shopping? Hop to it.