In the summer of 2011, on our family’s annual camping trip, my then five year old daughter went vegetarian for the next year. It stemmed from the meager success of our fishing expedition – one trout – being part of our dinner the last night of our trip. You see, when we caught that little trout she was positive we would be taking it home as our pet and her little five year old heart broke when we ate it.
We worry so much about what our kids eat, but we also should worry about what they don’t eat—toothpaste and other dental products! Even though children don’t (and shouldn’t) ingest oral hygiene products, these products do get absorbed by our little ones in small amounts, and can contain chemicals, which is why it really matters which products you use.
Oh how babies love the beach! The wind tickles their tiny toes and makes them giggle; the sand is fun to sift through with chubby little hands; the ocean is a source of endless mystery and amusement. Not so amusing, however, is a baby with a sunburn. Not only can a burn cause temporary discomfort, but the damage to tender skin also can have long-term repercussions, and repeated burns can result in lesions and even skin cancer.
I will never forget the look on my oldest child’s face when he walked into the hospital room and saw me holding his baby sister for the first time. It was a look of pure betrayal—“Oh, so this is how it’s going to be, now?” Until that fateful day, after all, Jacob had had more than two and a half years of my undivided attention.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- What You Need To Know About Learning To Use A Computer At Age 65 | Adrianb.us on 5 Skincare Tips for Women Over 40
- s on How to Make Your Own Protein Bars (It’s Easier Than You Think!)
- Pumpkin Raspberry Muffins (Gluten & Dairy Free!) | Dianna Donnely on Pumpkin Raspberry Muffins (Gluten & Dairy Free!)
- Danica on Stuck on a Treadmill? Have Fun With It
- Katie @ Vitacost on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
Love shopping? Hop to it.