You might know fennel for its flavorful seeds, often embedded in breads (think: rye) and sausages. But the underground bulb of this versatile veggie is another edible part with spicy-sweet taste that’s enjoyed cooked or raw—such as in this crunchy, colorful salad. Mixed with shredded green or purple cabbage and thinly sliced red onion, then tossed with a zesty, citrus-balsamic dressing, it’s a side dish that rivals any vinegar-based or creamy coleslaw that’s ever graced your plate.
Kick heavy mayo to the curb! This coleslaw’s creaminess comes from Greek yogurt, a lower-fat dressing alternative that makes this quick side dish a pleasantly nutritious picnic addition. For your mixed greens, pick colorful cabbage or go with a broccoli slaw for hearty crunch and a little nutrient variety.
Satisfy crunch cravings with this colorful coleslaw, speckled with caraway seeds and tossed with healthy Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. Red cabbage is rich in fiber, potassium and vitamins A, C, K and B-6—plus, it’s naturally sweet (not to mention eye catching!), making this salad the perfect side to serve with a savory springtime dish.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on Keep Your Family Well This Cold Season
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on The ABCs of Better Zzzzzzs
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on How to Choose a Probiotic Supplement
- Accountant on Buying Foods in Bulk: Stock Up & Save Money
- 5 Ways to Undo Holiday Damage on 15 Fun Ways to Burn Off Extra Holiday Calories
Love shopping? Hop to it.