Don’t let bright orange mac and cheese land on your kids’ plates—that is, unless the color comes from roasted butternut squash instead of a packet of chemical powder! This creamy, comforting homemade version is made with fresh (or canned organic) squash, half and half and soft goat’s cheese—or you can substitute these ingredients for vegan-friendly ones. Make it a complete meal by adding your family’s favorite chopped veggies.
Tagged: comfort food
My husband was in need of a little (vegan) comfort food, but the family was heading down to the beach for the weekend. So I packed a few essential ingredients, plus my trusty slow cooker – problem solved!
Q: What is your favorite recipe to throw together on a cold, winter day?
Amy Marsh answers:
A: As winter weather gets underway, this is the best time to start cooking foods that comfort your soul as much as your muscles. One of our favorite cold-weather recipes is gumbo. This recipe is so simple and soothing that we probably make it once a week in the winter time. And with only 7 ingredients and a couple simple steps, it’s the ideal meal after a long, exhausting training day.
Our Content Sites
Posts by date
- Linda on Enter the Pretty-in-Pink Beauty Giveaway!
- Josh on Fast (Healthy!) Food for Families on the Go
- No-Meat Week : My Vegetarian Experiment (plus Recipes!) on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Jon on CEO Corner: Vitacost Targeted Wellness Cholesterol Support
- Anti-aging facial mask on Steps to Stave Off Sun Damage
Love Shopping? Hop to it.