Don’t let bright orange mac and cheese land on your kids’ plates—that is, unless the color comes from roasted butternut squash instead of a packet of chemical powder! This creamy, comforting homemade version is made with fresh (or canned organic) squash, half and half and soft goat’s cheese—or you can substitute these ingredients for vegan-friendly ones. Make it a complete meal by adding your family’s favorite chopped veggies.
Tagged: comfort food
My husband was in need of a little (vegan) comfort food, but the family was heading down to the beach for the weekend. So I packed a few essential ingredients, plus my trusty slow cooker – problem solved!
Q: What is your favorite recipe to throw together on a cold, winter day?
Amy Marsh answers:
A: As winter weather gets underway, this is the best time to start cooking foods that comfort your soul as much as your muscles. One of our favorite cold-weather recipes is gumbo. This recipe is so simple and soothing that we probably make it once a week in the winter time. And with only 7 ingredients and a couple simple steps, it’s the ideal meal after a long, exhausting training day. Read more →
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.