The benefits of music are immeasurable. Yet, some people still wonder if it’s a good idea to listen to music while exercising. For example, athletes aren’t allowed to wear headphones in a race, so some prefer to train in silence claiming it helps prepare them mentally. While we don’t recommend plugging your ears while cycling on the road (all eyes and ears open, please!), we do find the mental, physical and emotional impact of music to be a great benefit to athletes of all kinds.
Tagged: exercise motivation
It happens to the best of us. We do the same workout or eat the same foods day after day until we end up stuck in a rut—bored, unchallenged and unfulfilled. Maybe you’re too busy. Maybe you’ve lost interest. Maybe you’ve gotten a little lazy, which isn’t unusual when a big event, such as a competition, race or vacation, isn’t on the calendar.
When this happens to me, there are several things I do to get myself back on track. Try these motivators to pull yourself out of a fitness rut:
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.