It’s fall, which means you can’t turn a corner without seeing pumpkins – both fresh and canned. But aside from carving a scary face and baking up a delicious pie, what else can you do with this bulbous, bright orange vegetable? Glad you asked.
The sweltering heat of summer has finally given way to the crispness of autumn, so now is the perfect time to switch up your skincare routine.
Whether the dry air is making your face flaky or summer damage is starting to show up on your skin, it’s never too late to give yourself a fresh start. Check out our top skincare and beauty picks for the fall season:
Nothing so vividly illustrates the best of the fall harvest like pumpkins. The name pumpkin originated from the Greek word for large melon: pepon. Nasalized into “pompon” by the French, then changed to “pumpion” by the British, the word “pumpkin” was coined by early American colonists, who learned how to grow and cook these bright orange beauties from Native American tribes.
Cooking with fresh pumpkin is easy and fun. Just follow these simple preparation tips, or use organic canned pumpkin to make this delicious Tortellini with Pumpkin Sage Sauce.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Jamie on Paleo Diet Primer: Is It Right for You?
Love shopping? Hop to it.