Fermentation: defined as the process of breaking a substance down into a simpler form, such as converting sugar into carbon dioxide with the help of yeast enzymes. It sounds strange, but fermented foods may not be such a gas. This process can help the body digest certain foods that an individual might have had troubles with before. If you’re an athlete who commonly suffers from tummy troubles on race day, this could mean gut glory. Read more →
Tagged: fermented foods
You may remember my previous blog covering fermented foods and drinks – and how they’re good for you. (Even wine! In moderation, of course.)
In addition to wine, there’s another fermented drink you may be interested in, and it’s called kefir. It may sound exotic, but it’s not as scary as you think.
OK, so the word “fermented” doesn’t exactly sound appetizing. But chances are, you’ve consumed (and enjoyed!) at least one fermented product your lifetime. Read on to find out more about fermented foods, the benefits they provide and how you can easily start making your own at home.
Read more →
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Marta on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
- marleen davis on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
- Katie @ Vitacost on New to Essential Oils? Here’s How to Get Started
- Jeanne M. Carrigan on New to Essential Oils? Here’s How to Get Started
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Love shopping? Hop to it.