Don’t let bright orange mac and cheese land on your kids’ plates—that is, unless the color comes from roasted butternut squash instead of a packet of chemical powder! This creamy, comforting homemade version is made with fresh (or canned organic) squash, half and half and soft goat’s cheese—or you can substitute these ingredients for vegan-friendly ones. Make it a complete meal by adding your family’s favorite chopped veggies.
Tagged: goat cheese
Go for goat cheese if you want a lighter, healthier alternative to feta or ricotta in a pasta dish. In this meatless, gluten-free Goat Cheese and Garlic Penne, its sweet-tangy creaminess complements the rich flavor of fresh garlic and basil, while a sprinkling of pine nuts adds subtle crunch.
By Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, personal chef
Gluten-free pasta serves as the perfect base for this flavorful gluten-free and vegetarian dish, courtesy of Amie Valpone of TheHealthyApple.com.
Ingredients: Read more →
Our Content Sites
Posts by date
- Meredith Peters on Enter the Pretty-in-Pink Beauty Giveaway!
- Elisa Lowe on Enter the Pretty-in-Pink Beauty Giveaway!
- Celena M on Enter the Pretty-in-Pink Beauty Giveaway!
- Joan Leonard on Enter the Pretty-in-Pink Beauty Giveaway!
- Carlos on CEO Corner: Vitacost Targeted Wellness Cholesterol Support
Love Shopping? Hop to it.