All treats and no tricks: That sums up this Happy Halloween blog! Whether you’re eager to host a party or find the healthiest and tastiest treats for the little witches and warlocks who will be ringing your doorbell this year, we’ve got the dish on what to serve and what to avoid for health and happiness!
Tagged: gummy bears
One Halloween nearly a decade ago, when my oldest was a toddler and I still idealistically believed I’d be able to shield my children forever from the evils of trans fats, high-fructose corn syrup and Red Dye Number 5, I bought dried fruit instead of candy to give out to trick-or-treaters.
This move didn’t go over well. A sarcastic fifth grader said, “I’m sure the American Dental Association appreciates your idea of what candy is,” and declined my organic raisins. Moms openly gave me weird looks. I guess you can say I got lucky that my house didn’t end up TP’ed!
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Jamie on Paleo Diet Primer: Is It Right for You?
Love shopping? Hop to it.