They’re not the star of the show at the salon. They don’t require much maintenance. In fact, you may not consider cuticles at all, unless they get in the way of your perfect polish job. But the truth is, these unsung heroes of the hands play an important part in keeping nails healthy and beautiful. So before you pick up the clippers, try these tips to give your cuticles the TLC and treatment they deserve.
Nails are positioned so far away from the vital organs housed in the center of our bodies that they seem to be an afterthought. Many of us treat our nails like an afterthought, too, using our digits as scraping tools while performing household tasks and failing to protect them from the elements, especially the cold weather.
Q: I wash my hands frequently, which makes them really dry. Can you recommend a good hand cream?
MyChelle Dermaceuticals licensed esthetician Catie Wiggy responds:
It’s always important to wash your hands, but it becomes crucial during the fall and winter months when it’s easy to pick up whatever’s “going around” by touching germ-covered doorknobs or simply shaking hands. Unfortunately, frequent hand washing can lead to irritated, dry and even chapped skin. Not comfortable—especially when combined with the cold weather!
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Katie @ Vitacost on New to Essential Oils? Here’s How to Get Started
- Jeanne M. Carrigan on New to Essential Oils? Here’s How to Get Started
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.