Turn back the clock to 10 years ago and say “Coconut oil.” Odds are that people would say “Huh?’ Now coconut oil has become one of the hottest food trends, along with all coconut-related products. Coconut oil ranks in the category of healthy fats. In order for your body to absorb certain types of vitamins, which are known as fat-soluble supplements, your body needs fat – and coconut oil is a great way to fulfill that need. Because it contains lauric acid, coconut oil supports levels of “good” cholesterol (HDL).
Tagged: healthy fat
Like many people, I’m a big fan of peanut butter. And so is my family. We enjoy it every day—spread on toast, as a dip for apple slices, even mixed into our protein shakes.
But there’s some confusion surrounding the health benefits of peanut butter. Is it really good for you? The answer depends on a few things. First, peanut butter and nut butters are a great source of protein and considered a healthy fat as part of a clean-eating diet plan.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.