They may not be able to tow you on water skis, but these flavorful vegan “boats” do make the perfect healthy appetizer for any party. They’re also filling enough to serve as a main course. Plus, it’s fun to fool your non-vegan friends with the convincingly authentic appearance of the crumbled walnut “meat!”
Tagged: healthy snack
I love chips. Lentil chips, potato chips, veggie chips, tortilla chips – it doesn’t matter, as long as it’s in crunchy, salty and within arm’s reach.
But lately, I’ve discovered a healthier way to curb those chip cravings — with homemade baked kale chips! They take only minutes to prepare and are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, potassium and other nutrients.
Squeeze in an extra serving of veggies at breakfast by topping a cream cheese and jam-covered bagel with fresh halved cherry tomatoes. Sprinkled with cinnamon, this creative combo makes a sweet start to your day—perfect when paired with a cup of hot herbal tea!
So you’re searching for the perfect low-cal snack. Greasy chips are out, as is anything made with neon orange “nacho cheese.” Baked chips are low in fat, but where’s the taste?
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Jamie on Paleo Diet Primer: Is It Right for You?
Love shopping? Hop to it.