Moist, rich chocolate cake sandwiching a layer of sweet, fluffy filling—what’s not to love about good, old-fashioned whoopie pies? These oversized soft cookies get their fun name from the shout-out Amish farmers would hoot after finding one tucked into their lunch pail (“Whoopie!”). I worked with my mother’s classic recipe to create a vegan version that’s just as delightful but can be enjoyed by anyone, even those who don’t eat dairy foods.
Tagged: Hey Mom What’s Cooking?
Don’t let bright orange mac and cheese land on your kids’ plates—that is, unless the color comes from roasted butternut squash instead of a packet of chemical powder! This creamy, comforting homemade version is made with fresh (or canned organic) squash, half and half and soft goat’s cheese—or you can substitute these ingredients for vegan-friendly ones. Make it a complete meal by adding your family’s favorite chopped veggies.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Jamie on Paleo Diet Primer: Is It Right for You?
Love shopping? Hop to it.