Spice is nice. But to really add bite to your burrito, check out chipotle powder! Just a touch of this fiery favorite—made from ground, roasted jalapeno peppers—gives new meaning to the word mouthwatering. Stir some into this fresh, homemade hot sauce for a kicked up taco topping, daring dip or spicy soup seasoning. The smooth, chunk-less texture comes from a quick whirl in the blender after ingredients are sautéed on the stovetop.
Tagged: hot sauce
If your go-to gift for Father’s Day is a tie, socks, a shirt or other some other article of apparel, on behalf of dads everywhere, please try something new! If your dad loves spicy foods, a signature, homemade hot sauce is the perfect gift.
The trick for the perfect hot sauce is using a combination of peppers with a balance of sweetness, fruit and heat. Certain types of peppers, like the Caribbean Red Pepper and Scotch Bonnets, add the heat to the hot sauce that will make your dad’s mouth water, his ears pop and his body temperature rise. Combining different types of peppers with vegetables will add sweet, fruity and flavorful notes to your hot sauce.
Place into an inexpensive, decorative bottle and you’ve got the perfect gift for the zesty men in your life.
Dad’s Homemade Hot Sauce
Makes 1 pint
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.