Beauty news flash: “oil free” is on its way out. What’s been long feared as a pore clogger and pimple trigger is now being slathered on, soaked up and raved about for surprisingly opposite effects. Oil hasn’t always been considered the bad guy. In fact, women throughout history have relied on it to soften skin and smooth hair—long before little bottles of the stuff conveniently started showing up on store shelves.
Tagged: jojoba oil
Q: My hands are extremely dry and rough, especially during this time of year. What do you recommend to help keep them moisturized and feeling good?
Dr. Linda Miles, D.O.M., responds:
We know winter can be especially drying for our face and hair, but our hands may be the most used and exposed body parts. Also, as we age, the skin on the back of our hands tends to become thinner with very little fat underneath. All of these factors make our hands extremely vulnerable to everyday wear and tear, and aging. To help keep your hands hydrated, healthy and looking and feeling great, try these simple hand care tips:
Read more →
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.