I’m going to be perfectly honest here, I LOVE SPRING. The sun is out earlier and longer, the weather warms up and my favorite plum trees out in front of my house blossom with incredible pink flowers that brighten every morning. My family celebrates Easter, which traditionally centered around candy-filled baskets and a big feast with ham as the centerpiece.
When I was a child, my brother and I loved Easter time, with woven baskets filled with artificial grass and chocolate-covered marshmallows, sugary Peeps, and – of course – chocolate rabbits with long ears. In college, I volunteered to help with the annual Easter egg hunt for special needs children for two reasons: 1) I loved the joy on the children’s faces, and 2) I confess: I loved helping to “clean up” after by nibbling on malted milk balls and chocolate bunnies!
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schultz
Charles M. Schultz’s quote sums up the reasons why we love Valentine’s Day: It combines the best emotion in life (love) with one of the world’s best foods (chocolate). Ahhhh.
Our Content Sites
Posts by date
- Linda on Enter the Pretty-in-Pink Beauty Giveaway!
- Josh on Fast (Healthy!) Food for Families on the Go
- No-Meat Week : My Vegetarian Experiment (plus Recipes!) on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Jon on CEO Corner: Vitacost Targeted Wellness Cholesterol Support
- Anti-aging facial mask on Steps to Stave Off Sun Damage
Love Shopping? Hop to it.