Most of us aren’t strangers to caffeine. We count on our coffee to jump start the day or pour a great big cup of green tea when the afternoon slump sets in. But what about using caffeine to rev up a workout or help you lose weight? Is it a good idea? Does it even work?
Losing weight is rarely easy. From mid-morning munchies to unexpected lunch outings with coworkers to aisle after aisle of unhealthy temptations at the supermarket, challenges seem to pop up at every turn, making it difficult for even the most committed dieter to stay 100% on track. Luckily, there are some things you can do to take control and boost your weight loss efforts without a whole lot of change or effort on your part.
Stop being afraid of aging! We women tend to mourn our birthdays before celebrating them, because we’re so wrapped up in the changes that come with getting older. Once you realize you can look and feel your fittest at any age, you’ll have nothing to fear. In fact, you might become fearless. Read more →
Omegas are essential fatty acids, which makes them, well, essential to your healthy body arsenal. What’s the best source? Watch this fitness video from Nicole Wilkins to find out which EFA the best of the best use for muscle, joint and metabolism support.
I spend a good deal of my time working out, but I am a believer in, “Weight is lost in the kitchen, not in the gym.” So when other women ask me for weight loss advice, I’ll ask them what they are currently eating.
Usually I get an answer that sounds like it was torn from a diet book:
- Oatmeal or some other whole-grain cereal for breakfast.
- Fruit snacks throughout the day.
- A salad for lunch.
- Chicken and vegetables with a carbohydrate for dinner.
On the surface this looks like a good healthy diet. However, when I ask them how much of these items they’re eating, they often have no idea.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.