Spice is nice. But to really add bite to your burrito, check out chipotle powder! Just a touch of this fiery favorite—made from ground, roasted jalapeno peppers—gives new meaning to the word mouthwatering. Stir some into this fresh, homemade hot sauce for a kicked up taco topping, daring dip or spicy soup seasoning. The smooth, chunk-less texture comes from a quick whirl in the blender after ingredients are sautéed on the stovetop.
Who doesn’t love a mid-week Mexican fiesta? Make yours vegan and gluten free with this creative quesadilla, stuffed with sautéed veggies, dairy-free “cheese” and brown rice (not whole wheat!) tortillas. Don’t worry about deep-frying dangers, either. This festive favorite is lightly browned in heart-friendly olive oil for the perfect crispy coating to all the veggielicious goodness inside.
Fancying fajitas? Craving quesadillas? Unfortunately, if you’re watching your weight, it’s hard to “do” Mexican food without undoing your diet efforts. That’s why we love this healthy, flavorful vegetarian taco recipe from Natural Standard. It’s is surprisingly low in calories–yet filling, delicious and perfect for those nights when you want something crispy, salty and a little bit spicy. Read more →
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.