There’s a popular commercial with the slogan “Every Body Needs Milk.” We have a different version when it comes to your health, particularly for women: Every Body Needs Calcium. However, your choices for that mineral range from dairy (yup, as in milk and a cookie!) to certain greens to supplements to calcium-enriched soy milk.
The alfredo-like sauce on this pasta is made with whole milk instead of heavy cream, giving you the same flavor and texture, but not all the unwanted fat and calories. The trick is to start with a simple roux made from butter and flour, then to slowly stir in milk for a thicker consistency. Toss in some diced eggplant and fresh oregano, and you’ve got a delicious and filling vegetarian meal.
Many moms don’t think about infant formula at all when they’re pregnant, because they intend to breastfeed—as every pediatrician and parenting book on the planet will tell you, “breast is best.” But if for whatever reason, nursing doesn’t work out, it’s very difficult to logically decide between formula varieties when you’re a guilt-ridden, stressed out mess with a hungry baby crying on your lap. (Hmmm….does it sound like I might be speaking from personal experience?)
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on Keep Your Family Well This Cold Season
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on The ABCs of Better Zzzzzzs
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide on How to Choose a Probiotic Supplement
- Accountant on Buying Foods in Bulk: Stock Up & Save Money
- 5 Ways to Undo Holiday Damage on 15 Fun Ways to Burn Off Extra Holiday Calories
Love shopping? Hop to it.