Whether it’s a summertime cruise along the coast or a holiday visit to Grandma’s, there’s nothing like that feeling of freedom on the open road. You’ve got the whole route mapped out (or loaded on your smartphone’s GPS), car packed with every duffle bag you own and a tank full of gas. You’re ready to roll…right? Read more →
Tagged: non-perishable foods
By Rachel Begun, MS, RD
With the devastation and bounty of power outages from Superstorm Sandy still fresh in our minds, this post is about the importance of food safety during prolonged power disruptions.
While foodborne illness may not be the homeowner’s highest priority in such circumstances, it should be at the top of the list. Why? Because food poisoning causes an estimated 48 million illnesses (1 out of 6 Americans), 128,000 hospitalizations and 3,000 deaths each year in the United States, a good portion of which are generated from food prepared and eaten at home.*
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.