Take a break from your usual mayo-smothered tuna salad sandwich lunch with this light dish made from whole grain pasta shells, cherry tomatoes and tuna tossed in olive oil and lemon juice. It’s a great way to squeeze in a serving of healthy omega-3s, without the excess fat. Be sure to choose low-mercury, wild-caught, natural tuna—available right here at Vitacost! Read more →
Tagged: pasta recipe
This light pasta dish is bursting with the fresh green goodness of cilantro and tender sweet peas. A nice change of pace from traditional red or heavy cream sauces, its light dressing is made from extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese, with a hint of red pepper added for kick.
Go for goat cheese if you want a lighter, healthier alternative to feta or ricotta in a pasta dish. In this meatless, gluten-free Goat Cheese and Garlic Penne, its sweet-tangy creaminess complements the rich flavor of fresh garlic and basil, while a sprinkling of pine nuts adds subtle crunch.
Noodles come in all shapes and sizes—but have you ever tried to make your own? From vegetables? That’s right! These spaghetti-like stands are julienned from fresh zucchini, then topped with a unique broccoli pesto made with homemade cashew “cheese.” This recipe is a raw vegan dream!
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.