Not your ordinary pasta salad, this gourmet dish gets a citrusy and nutritious twist when warm, gluten-free penne is tossed with fresh-squeezed orange juice, slender asparagus spears and chopped pistachio nuts. No need to pre-steam the greens—slender stalks will soften after you add them to the mix!
The alfredo-like sauce on this pasta is made with whole milk instead of heavy cream, giving you the same flavor and texture, but not all the unwanted fat and calories. The trick is to start with a simple roux made from butter and flour, then to slowly stir in milk for a thicker consistency. Toss in some diced eggplant and fresh oregano, and you’ve got a delicious and filling vegetarian meal.
Go for goat cheese if you want a lighter, healthier alternative to feta or ricotta in a pasta dish. In this meatless, gluten-free Goat Cheese and Garlic Penne, its sweet-tangy creaminess complements the rich flavor of fresh garlic and basil, while a sprinkling of pine nuts adds subtle crunch.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.